A Tribute to a Fallen Soldier ~ D. Patrick Caldwell on The Joys of Flight

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Tribute to a Fallen Soldier

Soldiers' CrossI was out at PDK this weekend doing some more tailwheel landings. After we finished up, one of the guys who flies biplane rides around Atlanta in a Waco came up to us (he's friends with my flight instructor) and told us a really cool story.

He was taxiing for takeoff when the controller called and asked every plane on the field to stop and hold while a jet transporting a fallen American soldier landed and taxied to ramp. I thought it was a really cool tribute and it's great to be a part of that kind of community.

I love our soldiers and the sacrifices they make for us. I love our country for all that she gives us. God bless America.

Have fun. Be safe. Happy Piloting.
I really appreciate comments so please feel free to comment on my posts. Whether you agree or disagree, I'd love to hear from you. Also, feel free to link back to your own blog in your comments. You can even subscribe to an RSS feed of the comments on this thread.

© 2008 — , D. Patrick Caldwell, Vice President for Research and Development, Emerald Software Group, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment