Best Flying Movies ~ D. Patrick Caldwell on The Joys of Flight

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Best Flying Movies

FilmAs a pilot, of course I love all things aviation. Assuming you do too, I decided to compile a complete list of the best aviation movies I've found. Originally, it was going to be "Top 10 Flying Movies," but there are just too many.

So, once I compiled my list of best aviation movies, I set out trying to rank them. This proved to be an utterly impossible task so, here is my unordered list of movies about flying. To learn more about each movie, read reviews, or even buy the movies, just click the image. It'll take you to Amazon where you can learn all about each of them.


The Aviator
Flight of the Phoenix
Memphis Belle
Top Gun
Battle of Brittain
The Great Waldo Pepper
Pushing Tin
Twelve O'Clock High
The Blue Max
The High and The Mighty
The Spirit of St. Louis
The Tuskegee Airmen
Catch-22
Iron Eagle
Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Airplane!
Airport


Have fun. Be safe. Happy Piloting.
I really appreciate comments so please feel free to comment on my posts. Whether you agree or disagree, I'd love to hear from you. Also, feel free to link back to your own blog in your comments. You can even subscribe to an RSS feed of the comments on this thread.

© 2008 — , D. Patrick Caldwell, Vice President for Research and Development, Emerald Software Group, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment