Solo Aerobatics in the Super Decathalon ~ D. Patrick Caldwell on The Joys of Flight

Monday, July 6, 2009

Solo Aerobatics in the Super Decathalon

VideoAs you may know, I recently made my first solo in the Super Decathlon. Since then, I've had a few opportunities to go up and do some solo aerobatics. It's very neat to be able to take a tailwheel aerobatic airplane out all by my lonesome and try my hand at loops, rolls, and other basic techniques.

On my second trip, I found a cool way to mount my camera to the support rods in the cockpit. Well, I didn't find it. My instructor told me about the Pedco UltraClamp so I ran out and bought one. I took a few videos and here they are:







Have fun. Be safe. Happy Piloting.
I really appreciate comments so please feel free to comment on my posts. Whether you agree or disagree, I'd love to hear from you. Also, feel free to link back to your own blog in your comments. You can even subscribe to an RSS feed of the comments on this thread.

© 2008 — , D. Patrick Caldwell, Vice President for Research and Development, Emerald Software Group, LLC

2 comments:

  1. Why so serious man? I believe that every maneuver should end with a smile. A snicker at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, everybody says that. I'm really not being serious. My mic boom is loose so I have to purse my lips to keep it from falling down. If I smiled, it'd just fall down and I hate that. True story :).

    ReplyDelete